- 160g - Vanilla Sugar / Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Salt
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 125g - Blueberries
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Sugar / Castor Sugar
- 225g - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
- 160ml - Vegetable Oil / Butter
- 150ml - Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Mix the 1 tsp of sugar with the blueberries and leave them to macerate.
3. Add the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and milk (wet ingredients) to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla salt (dry ingredients) in a separate bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix throughly.
6. Fold the macerated bluberries into the batter, gently.
7. Pour the cake batter into a prepared (buttered and floured) tin and put into the oven for 40-50minutes.
8. Put a tooth pick into the middle of the cake to see if it is ready. It should come out clean. If not put the cake bake in for a few more minutes and then check again.
9. Happy Tea Time!