This cake is superb. It definitely won’t last long so make two.
250 g Granulated Brown Sugar
250 ml Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs (Large)
1 tbsp Vanilla Paste
3 Carrots (Medium) Grated
300 g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Add the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla paste and milk (wet ingredients) to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Grate the carrots and press them between 2 pieces of kitchen towel to soak up the excess liquid. The excess liquid will not allow the grated carrots to evenly distribute in the batter and generally ruins the cake.
4. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt (dry ingredients) in a separate bowl and then add the grated carrots.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix throughly.
6. Pour the cake batter into a prepared (buttered and floured) tin and put into the oven for 40-50minutes.
7. Put a tooth pick into the middle of the cake to see if it is ready. It should come out clean. If not put the cake bake in for a few more minutes and then check again.
8. Enjoy 3 times a day. 😃